Dear Parents and Carers,
First, let me begin by saying a huge thank you for all of your support during this current situation. As you may be aware, we are in the process of introducing Microsoft Teams across the school as a means of communication and to further improve our home learning. This is to ensure, should we be faced with a local lockdown or a year group being asked to self-isolate, Microsoft Teams will be our primary learning platform offer. In the meantime, we are asking children to become familiar with this platform through homework tasks.
To access this home learning resource, you and your child have two options.
- You can access Teams via an internet browser (such as Chrome) via the following link: microsoft.com
- If you have an Android or IOS smartphone / tablet, you can download the free Teams app to your device from the relevant app store – just search for Microsoft Teams. On a PC or Mac you can download the desktop app from the following URL: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app
- Children sign in using their email address and password, which will be in their reading record or homework book.
Within your child’s ‘Team’ you will see a channel entitled ‘General’. In the ‘General’ channel, you will see tabs across the top. These include ‘Posts’, ‘Files’, ‘Class Notebook’, ‘Assignments’ and ‘Grades’. Your child’s teacher will post assignments and general messages in the ‘General’ channel.
If your child is unsure of the work for that day, they can ask a question in the discussion section of the Open room channel. It has been explained to your child/children that the discussion board is not a chat facility and should not be used to talk with their friends. It is purely for work-based discussion and questions. Staff members will endeavour to provide an answer to questions or clarification as soon as possible, but please bear in mind that your teacher’s family and onsite commitments can vary.
- Once a child has completed an assignment, they must click ‘Submit’ otherwise it will not register, and they may be asked to complete the task again.
- If you have more than one child in your household sharing this platform, please ensure they sign out after use.
We are developing a parent guide with screenshots which should help you and your child get started and we thank you in advance for your continued patience and support.
Mr Wrench and Mr Hickman
Head Teacher and Computing Lead